1. Guest, If you are having forum issues please contact cm@gamebreaker.tv or on twitter @gamebreakertv for best chance at fast reply.

Question on FC chest options

Discussion in 'The Tavern - General XIV Nation Discussion' started by Grizzybehr, Aug 24, 2013.

1. Grizzybehr

Grizzybehr New Member

Server:
    Leviathan
    FFXIV Character:
    Meliadoul Tengille
    Free Company:
    Zodiac Braves
    I recently created a FC and was anxious to check out all the new options available to us. In particular I wanted to see how the FC storage worked. Looking over the FC chest options you are presented with 3 seperate fields, those being: Items / Crystals / Gil. For each of these fields you are presented with 3 options: Full / Leader / None.

Full - An obvious setting, GM rank, withdrawl/deposit options.

Leader - I'm not sure if I fully understand this option but from what my FC mate tells me when testing this option he has the ability to see what's inside the chest but does NOT have the ability to withdraw nor deposit.

None - Apparently members with this setting cannot even see the 3 fields when clicking on the FC chest.

For anyone with a full understanding of these options am I correct in my above statements? I initially wanted to have the ability for members to be able to deposit gil into the FC chest to act as a running pool towards our FC house but with my understanding these 3 options do not allow one to deposit items/gil/etc without also giving them the ability to take from the chest as well. Am I right in my assumptions? Wrong? xD

Thanks for the assistance.
  2. Atlys

Atlys Member

Server:
    Leviathan
    FFXIV Character:
    Roxy Dodgers
    Free Company:
    Lucky 7's
    I would imagine that leader would give deposit to everyone, and only a high ranking member of the FC can withdraw. Though I haven't even joined a FC yet so I have no idea the perimeters of access. I would have a really trusted member of your FC to help you test all the options with gear you would not mind losing. That way you know for sure.
  3. Kaymoney

Kaymoney Moderator

Server:
    Ultros
    FFXIV Character:
    Kay Marie
    Free Company:
    Ceaseless
    Leader is (from what I understand in LS options) an officer rank, while Master is the GM (silver star/gold star)

Other than that, I have no idea what the options are.. I haven't gotten to look around in the FC stuff yet.
  4. Grizzybehr

Grizzybehr New Member

Server:
    Leviathan
    FFXIV Character:
    Meliadoul Tengille
    Free Company:
    Zodiac Braves
    So I checked it myself on my gfs account.

Leader - It said "View only" I couldnt deposit items.
    None - Exactly as it says. You don't have the rights to even look in the chest.

Until they add the option to independently set withdrawl / deposit rights, the FC chest is worthless imo. Aside from giving you 50 spaces to store items.

Rank 3 FC rewards you with a "chest expansion." I can hope that it adds options, but it wouldnt make sense to not have that right at the start. :/