1. Guest, If you are having forum issues please contact cm@gamebreaker.tv or on twitter @gamebreakertv for best chance at fast reply.

FFXIV Launcher Error

Discussion in 'Game Bugs' started by Kaziana, Sep 4, 2013.

1. Kaziana

Kaziana Moderator

Server:
    Gilgamesh
    FFXIV Character:
    Kaziana Kiyugami
    Free Company:
    Modified
    Anyone getting this or no a fix to it :(
    So I'm trying to just log in on the launcher, and I'm getting this error:

Unable to Complete Version Check
    [30410][30607][20457][404]

Halp? :(
  2. Kendall Lawliet

Kendall Lawliet Moderator

Server:
    Sargatanas (LEGACY)
    FFXIV Character:
    Kendall Lawliet
    Free Company:
    The Onion Knights
    I got a similar combo of errors when trying to update the launcher. It relaunched again alright, but couldn't finish downloading it. Once I'm home I'll start all over again.

So, you can't even get past the launcher, though?!
    2 people like this.
  3. Kaziana

Kaziana Moderator

Server:
    Gilgamesh
    FFXIV Character:
    Kaziana Kiyugami
    Free Company:
    Modified
    Well, I was patching it earlier, them my entire system just shut off. I doubt it was entirely related to the patch(thou I guess it could have been), but everything else works fine, but being able to check the version of the launcher =[
  4. HunterSpike

HunterSpike Active Member

Server:
    Gilgamesh
    FFXIV Character:
    Lieutenant Shu
    everyone that couldnt get in from the start plus everyone else that was already getting in are slamming the servers. Give SE some time they have to adjust things correctly to the new mass amount of people trying to get on today. give them time to get things going itll all go away im sure. there is probs stil lrestrictions and such they have out thus is why people are still getting errors.
  5. Kaziana

Kaziana Moderator

Server:
    Gilgamesh
    FFXIV Character:
    Kaziana Kiyugami
    Free Company:
    Modified
    I just ended up doing a system restore to last night and it seems to have fix'd it. I thinking what happened is when my computer just randomly crashed, it wasn't finished patching, and I guess the system isn't capable of just finishing it or something. Oh well. it's patching now. I'll be on in a few ;)
    3 people like this.
  6. Kendall Lawliet

Server:
    Sargatanas (LEGACY)
    FFXIV Character:
    Kendall Lawliet
    Free Company:
    The Onion Knights
    Now I have this very same error :( . going to try a system restore, then. Ugh. It's always something.
  7. Kendall Lawliet

Server:
    Sargatanas (LEGACY)
    FFXIV Character:
    Kendall Lawliet
    Free Company:
    The Onion Knights
    Update**

System restore didn't help at all.

Over at the official forums, there are quite a few people experiencing this error as well. So I figure eventually, people here will experience the same.

The only thing that seems to have worked so far is a fix that is included in this thread:

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/...complete-version-check.-30410-30607-20457-409

I recommend reading up until the end.

Whatever you decide, be mindful as you're downloading stuff from an unknown source. I checked it and it seems legit and a clean file, and most uses are reporting Dark Bahamut's fix as a legit one.

In my case, it rolled back to before the update, so it is updating again. But at least it's not crashing, like it was before. I'll know for sure in about 40 minutes.

It is so impossible to hope for a simple solution when it comes to SE product. Thank goodness we have good community members that want to help out.
  8. CruelDestiny

CruelDestiny New Member

Server:
    Masamune (LEGACY)
    FFXIV Character:
    Fenrel Faedhin
    I discovered something on accident while delving through the FFXIV folder. Particularly when you go into 'Game' folder instead of 'boot' folder, you may (or may not, in which case I can't help you) see a file called "ffxivgame.ver" AND "ffxivgame.bck".

Now what I did was remove (read: NOT DELETE) the .ver file from the folder and renamed the .bck to .ver. Game started up fine.
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2013
  9. Kendall Lawliet

Server:
    Sargatanas (LEGACY)
    FFXIV Character:
    Kendall Lawliet
    Free Company:
    The Onion Knights
    What I mentioned in my previous post worked, for what it's worth.

I've read that apparently, a lot of people that get this error get it again when a patch happens. And they have to do it all over again. Hopefully not, but we'll see.