1. Guest, If you are having forum issues please contact cm@gamebreaker.tv or on twitter @gamebreakertv for best chance at fast reply.

Combat Food Benefits

Discussion in 'The Tavern - General XIV Nation Discussion' started by Dazyk, Oct 24, 2013.

1. Dazyk

Dazyk GBN Member

Server:
    Adamantoise
    FFXIV Character:
    Dazoya Fusoya
    Free Company:
    Lunarian Legacy
    I had been wondering for a while if anyone had done any calculations to determine what the statistical caps were for all of the combat meals and drinks in the game. Since I couldn't find anything from searching online, I decided to do the research myself. I was actually a little bit surprised about the results, and you might be too.

The one thing I had noticed about meals/drinks in FFXIV ARR is that they did not feel as needed or special as they did in FFXI. Part of that feeling may come from the shortened effect timer (30 mins compared to 60 to 180 mins in FFXI) and perhaps as well by the Max numbers (why should I bother using food that has a max of 2 to Accuracy? Is that even relevant?).

It is for these reasons, among others, that I feel like maybe no one has done the statistic research on foods yet because nobody cares. I hope this community can give me some feedback on that.

Do you use food? Do you feel like it is relevant? Useful?

Results

I'm not sure how to paste the table that I compiled from my results into the forums, so for now I will have to leave this as a document link. I will also upload the pdf for anyone who wants to reference it.

The first few paragraphs explain my assumptions and methods of testing, which I will also paste below. Please let me know if you have any questions or feedback on any of my findings.

Let the discussions begin!

Daz.

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=5EE215646A66A50F!34963

Procedure:

1. Determine what Attribute or Property you wish to boost (ex: Parry for Tanks, Piety or Determination for Healers, or Accuracy for DPS).

2. Determine current 'Point Range' by determining your current Attribute or Property value (look on Character sheet).

3. Find the appropriate meal/drink for your Point Range. In case of a tie, determine which secondary stat boost is more relevant for you (ex: Accuracy over Crit. For a tank).

Notes:

1. I assume that FFXIV ARR uses a normal rounding mathematic: decimal values of .5 or greater are rounded to the next whole number, decimal values of .4 or lower are rounded down.

2. Vitality is unique because it is present on almost all meals/drinks and because its % boosts are less significant than other stats; however, for those who want to focus on Vitality builds I have included the most efficient Vitality meals/drinks for any given point range.

3. I have excluded novelty meals/drinks and ones that only provide +1 bonus (no % boost) because they are realistically useless when compared to other meals/drinks.

4. Point Range is the range at which a meal/drink provides the maximum benefit as compared to all other meals/drinks with the same Primary Stat. It can be noted that many meals are useful even AFTER their statistical cap (computed as the Maximum boost/Percentage boost) because there are no other foods with a comparable Attribute boost until higher base point level. See the sample data for an example:

- Even though Boiled Crayfish caps at Accuracy 38, there are no other foods that provide a higher boost until Grilled Carp, with Accuracy 44.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 8, 2013
  2. Dazyk

Dazyk GBN Member

Server:
    Adamantoise
    FFXIV Character:
    Dazoya Fusoya
    Free Company:
    Lunarian Legacy
    I just wanted to bump this up a little. I'm sorry that it took so long to fix this thread.

Please let me know what you think!
  3. Phierakitten

Phierakitten New Member

Server:
    Balmung (LEGACY)
    FFXIV Character:
    Phiera Sunrise
    That is awesome!!! I will def use that frequently!! Can you make one for crafting and gathering too?
  4. Dazyk

Dazyk GBN Member

Server:
    Adamantoise
    FFXIV Character:
    Dazoya Fusoya
    Free Company:
    Lunarian Legacy
    Thank you ^.^

I can definitely do the same thing for crafting/gathering foods if people are actually interested in that.