1. Guest, If you are having forum issues please contact cm@gamebreaker.tv or on twitter @gamebreakertv for best chance at fast reply.

CNJ/WHM Macros!

Discussion in 'White Mage (WHM)' started by Cruxio, Sep 6, 2013.

1. Cruxio

Cruxio Member

Server:
    Ultros
    FFXIV Character:
    Cruxio
    I've been trying to come up with ways to make my life as a CNJ/WHM easier. Here's what I've come up with so far....

Crowd Control
    /p {Casting spell} {Repose} <t>
    /ac "Fluid Aura" <t>
    /ac "Repose" <t>
    I love love love this one. Super handy to isolate a target away from the fight and lock it down. Provides choice to just knock-back+bind, or also Sleep. Will cast the right ability based on range and cool down. Be careful though, while doing this your tank will be getting hit; if you can't get this off at the start of the pull, then wait.
    Note: I've found that sleeping on the pull does not work, as the enemy will be in aoe range when the effect takes place. The knock-back part here is key to isolate the crowd control away from the fight.

Healing
    /ac “Cure” <mo>
    /ac "Cure" <tt>
    /ac "Cure" <t>
    /ac “Cure” <me>
    Attempt to heal my mouse over target, otherwise heal the target of my target, otherwise heal my target, otherwise heal myself. Should also work for any targeted heal: Cure, Cure II, Cure III, Esuna, Stoneskin.
    Note: I do not like/use this macro, the mouse-over part feels strange and inaccurate for me.

Instant Heal
    /ac “Swiftcast” <me>
    /ac "Cure II" <mo>
    /ac "Cure II" <tt>
    /ac “Cure II” <t>
    /ac "Cure II" <me>
    An "oh crap" heal. Also works for any targeted heal like Cure III. If Swiftcast is not available, it will still perform the heal.
    Requires THM at 28 (for Swiftcast)

Instant Raise
    /p {Casting spell} {Swiftcast} {Raise} <t>
    /p You will raise where I am now... don't accept if you see danger there!
    /ac “Swiftcast” <me>
    /ac "Raise" <mo>
    /ac “Raise” <t>
    This is being considered a must have for WHMs and SCHs. If Swiftcast is not available, it will still perform the Raise.
    Requires THM at 26 (for Swiftcast) and CNJ at 28 (for Enhanced Raise)

Uninterruptable Raise
    /p {Casting spell} {Surecast} {Raise} <t> ... 8 second cast time
    /p You will raise where I am now... don't accept if you see danger there!
    /ac “Surecast” <me>
    /ac “Raise” <t>
    The baby brother to Instant Raise. If Surecast is not available, it will still perform the Raise. If anyone can think of a way to combine these 2, let me know!
    Requires THM at 8 (for Surecast) and CNJ at 28 (for Enhanced Raise)

Damage Ability Replacement
    /ac “Aero” <tt>
    /ac “Aero” <t>
    Replacement for all your damage abilities on your action bars. Allows you to damage the tank's target while never switching your target away from the tank. Still works when directly targeting an enemy.

DoT Cycle

/ac "Thunder" <t>
    /wait 2.5
    /ac “Aero II” <t>
    /wait 2.5
    /ac “Aero” <t>
    When you get Aero II, it's nice to be able to easily apply all of your DoTs. I wish that I could figure out how to get this to work like the above. This is convenient, but not necessarily as easy-to-use mid-fight as the above macro. However, it doesn't bother me too much, because in the end-game dungeons I find myself not having the time and/or mana to dps. ;)
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2013
  2. Hippy_Pickle

Hippy_Pickle New Member

Server:
    Odin
    FFXIV Character:
    Balthazar Tigertail
    Some great macros there mate, I use a similar one to your crowd control macro but I also mark the target with Bind-1 so the team can visibly see which one I'm going for. Although I hadn't even thought of using Fluid Aura! I will be adding that to my macro later, thanks!
  3. Cruxio

Cruxio Member

Server:
    Ultros
    FFXIV Character:
    Cruxio
    I tried marking the target, but since you have to use the macro twice, it will clear the mark on the second cast. I've resorted to putting a mark button on my bar and manually marking it. Though, it's pretty obvious which one I'm going for when I knock it away. ;)
  4. Hippy_Pickle

Hippy_Pickle New Member

Server:
    Odin
    FFXIV Character:
    Balthazar Tigertail
    Yeah, that is the downside to my marking macro, but I generally only sleep 1 mob in a group of 3. But it still stuffs up if you have to sleep same mob twice.
  5. Ninazu

Ninazu New Member

Server:
    Phoenix
    FFXIV Character:
    Ninazu Poh
    Free Company:
    Deadly Pink Moogles
    Hello

These macros look great and exactly what I need, however I get error messages saying that Swiftcast is being used incorrectly for the instant res and heal macros.

I have copied and pasted them, what am I doing wrong?!! Help appreciated.
  6. PandaRai

PandaRai Well-Known Member

Server:
    Hyperion (LEGACY)
    FFXIV Character:
    Raigen Maxwell
    Free Company:
    Nova
    Does mouse over work for hovering over the player or the player name in the party list?
  7. PandaRai

Server:
    Hyperion (LEGACY)
    FFXIV Character:
    Raigen Maxwell
    Free Company:
    Nova
    Have you leveled your Thaumaturge to get Swiftcast?
  8. Cruxio

Cruxio Member

Server:
    Ultros
    FFXIV Character:
    Cruxio
    I don't see your error messages, but a few things regarding that....

- You can and should turn off error messages in your Chat filters when using macros like these, otherwise your chat log will be flooded with error messages
    ---- error messages with macros like these are expected, but they should still work
    - You need to make sure that you've unlocked AND slotted Swiftcast. Get a THM to 26, then while on your CNJ/WHM, make sure to select Swiftcast as one of your cross-class abilities.
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2013
    2 people like this.
  9. Cruxio

Cruxio Member

Server:
    Ultros
    FFXIV Character:
    Cruxio
    Yes, the mouse-over action will work whenever your cursor is over a friendly character.

This could just be personal preference, but I do not use the mouse-over macros anymore. Aside from feeling buggy, if I'm not paying attention to where my cursor is, then I could (and did) accidentally cast a heal on a character that doesn't need it. In the end-game dungeons, that's hard to recover from. Especially if you didn't realize what you were doing quickly. ;)

I left the mouse-over part of it in there, because some people may prefer it. I, however, don't.
    2 people like this.
  10. PandaRai

Server:
    Hyperion (LEGACY)
    FFXIV Character:
    Raigen Maxwell
    Free Company:
    Nova
    Hehe yeah I prefer to click on my target as well, was just curious as to how it worked! thanks :D
  11. Tankerbelle

Tankerbelle GBN WildStar Officer

FFXIV Character:
    Nywora Dawnfire
    GW2 Character:
    Tänkerbell (Retired)
    WoW Character:
    Electrocute (Retired)
    Rift Character:
    Arowyn (Retired)
    SWTOR Character:
    Mord-Sith
    WildStar Character:
    TankerBelle
    Just remember a few things ... :)
    • When you are in a dungeon or fate and you are level sync'd your abilities will not show as grayed out. So you just need to be cognizant of what abilities are available to you at that time. I have my HoT macro'd and I end up moving up to an empty bar so I stop hitting that key =)
    • Chained abilities do not seem to show on macros, if they do...I haven't figured out how to show that yet. So this can lead to inefficient use of MP.
    • I love using /recast for virus and/or longer CD abilities.
    • Using Macros really forces you to get in a rhythm with the GCD - otherwise you might feel as though it is not as responsive as you'd like.
  12. Ninazu

Ninazu New Member

Server:
    Phoenix
    FFXIV Character:
    Ninazu Poh
    Free Company:
    Deadly Pink Moogles
    I have posted a screenshot here.

As you can see I should meet the requirements, removed the mouseover command.
  13. Cruxio

Cruxio Member

Server:
    Ultros
    FFXIV Character:
    Cruxio
    If your Swiftcast was on cooldown, then this screenshot looks correct.

What it will do is attempt to activate the first /action that it can. It will throw error messages for the actions that it can't activate. Swiftcast is on cooldown, so it fails. Move on to Cure II your target's target; well you don't appear to have anything targeted, so it fails. Move on to Cure II your target; again, no target so it fails. Move on to Cure II yourself, success :)

If your Swiftcast was not on cooldown, then I'm not sure what's going on. If this is the case, try a macro that simply uses Swiftcast and make sure that its working to cast just that. Then, add in Cure II on yourself. Make sure that works. Then build from there.

I hope that helps.
  14. Ninazu

Ninazu New Member

Server:
    Phoenix
    FFXIV Character:
    Ninazu Poh
    Free Company:
    Deadly Pink Moogles
    Ok thank you for the advice, I got them kind of working by just deleting the macro and retyping it in.

I have found it only works if I insert a /wait 1.5 after Swiftcast line though, am I still missing something as this makes the whole process nearly take as long as just casting Cure II.

Edit: Realised you may just be pressing the macro twice?!?
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2013
  15. Cruxio

Cruxio Member

Server:
    Ultros
    FFXIV Character:
    Cruxio
    Yup, I'm pressing it twice :) No reason to force myself to stand still for instant cast abilities. The only down side is that I semi-spam /p... but that's not really a big deal since it's a priority message anyway. (same goes for my crowd-control macro)
  16. Prisalia

Prisalia GBN Member

Server:
    Midgardsormr
    FFXIV Character:
    Prisalia Price
    a little addition for those that like being able to see icons/names/GCD if you add this to the top of any macro it will show the icon of the spell you specify, and will turn with GCD....

/micon "spell name"
    4 people like this.
  17. heytabby

heytabby New Member

Guild:
    The Hive
    Server:
    Goblin
    FFXIV Character:
    Reya Waytfurit
    Free Company:
    The Hive
    Hi, I tried your dot macro and for some reason after I cast thunder, it tells me the other actions are not used correctly or something..
    but its put in exactly as thunder is and I have /wait 3 in there too.. is there anything I can do to fix this?
  18. HolyHolli

HolyHolli New Member

Server:
    Behemoth
    FFXIV Character:
    Ravenia Fade
    LoL Summoner Name:
    Sythenia
    Free Company:
    Pure Skill

If you notice, some of the quotation marks are different than just ( " ) I had the same issue so in game I deleted them and manually put in the quotes. :)
  19. HolyHolli

HolyHolli New Member

Server:
    Behemoth
    FFXIV Character:
    Ravenia Fade
    LoL Summoner Name:
    Sythenia
    Free Company:
    Pure Skill
    These macros are great and all, except one thing.
    The Cure macro for healing doesn't always work for me. For instance; I click the target (party member) and even though they are in range and clear sight, it decides to heal me. I then tried removing <mo> and <tt> being left with <t> and <me> and it still made up it's own mind to heal me and resulted in a dead tank. So, those are out.

Also,
    The Instant Raise, Uninterrupted Raise and Instant Heal macros didn't work until I put "/wait 1" between skills. Also, after doing this I didn't have to hit them twice. Which is nice.

Hope this helps someone else with these issues.
  20. Tankerbelle

Tankerbelle GBN WildStar Officer

FFXIV Character:
    Nywora Dawnfire
    GW2 Character:
    Tänkerbell (Retired)
    WoW Character:
    Electrocute (Retired)
    Rift Character:
    Arowyn (Retired)
    SWTOR Character:
    Mord-Sith
    WildStar Character:
    TankerBelle
    I ran into this early on, too - and it was frustrating until I realized that my play style was partly to blame. When I am casually healing my mouseovers worked without fail. In a raid scenario I admit I tend to mash my buttons a little bit so I might hit that macro more than once by accident or don't notice my GCD (it's damn long, took a little while to get used to this coming from GW2 and SWTOR) and end up skipping the <mo> and end up on <me> from being impatient. I only use macros for my OH SHIT buttons (swift dirtnap raise and OHMYGODTANKMUSTLIVE), otherwise I am back to the old skool click + heal. At this point I am so comfortable I could probably go back to <mo> but I really don't mind healing this way.

[​IMG]
    HolyHolli likes this.